What I’ve learned from being a mum of a cochlear implant kid
In today’s video I am sharing with you some of the things I have learnt from being a mum to a cochlear implant kid!
Obviously, I try not to think of Harry as any different than any other child, but sometimes it’s good to talk about some of the things I’ve noticed as a mum of a deaf child.
Here are 6 things I’ve learned as a mom of a child with cochlear implants:
- The technology is amazing
- People will stare
- There will be critics
- Every single child is different
- Our family made the right decision for our son
- He makes me SO proud
She is the mother of Harry, 4 years old, who is profoundly deaf and a bilateral user of cochlear implants from Advanced Bionics. She loves to drink tea, cozy nights with her family and go on Pinterest!
Latest posts by Lucie Herridge (see all)
- 4 Tips for a Hearing Loss Friendly Easter Egg Hunt - March 30, 2018
- Has my son’s cochlear implant helped him learn words faster than a hearing child? - February 2, 2018
- Watch: Chatting with my cochlear implant kid - January 3, 2018