WritersAre you a writer with hearing loss, or feel passionate about writing stories for the hearing loss community?Type of position: freelance, paidTime Commitment: 1-2 articles per monthWe are looking for writers who are knowledgeable and passionate about the following topics:
- Gaming with Hearing Loss
- Hearing Loss News
- Technology (wearables, smart devices, hearing technology)
- New to Hearing Loss (50+)
- Living with Unilateral Hearing Loss
- Living with Mild to Moderate Hearing Loss
Social Media Manager
We are looking for a passionate Social Media Manager to join our Community Management team.
Type of position: part-time, paid
Location: external, remote
Time Commitment: 15-20 hrs/week
The social media manager will assist the HearingLikeMe.com team in their social media strategy, from routine daily and weekly postings to participating in the conception and execution of campaigns, reporting, monitoring and analysis. This is a team position, offering the opportunity to actively engage with the hearing loss community online and develop valuable relationships with end users.
The ideal candidate will contribute creatively to new and ongoing projects. Someone with a background in communications, marketing or journalism would be best suited for this position.
Candidates should have strong writing skills, an eye for detail and a solid foundation in communications project planning. They will also be excited to immerse themselves into the hearing loss community through social listening and community management.
- Produce daily posts on HearingLikeMe and Phonak social media accounts (ie: Instagram, IG Stories, Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, etc.)
- Use Hootsuite to post social media content on internal platform Amplify.
- Create engaging graphics for social media platforms
- Provide social media customer support on messaging platforms
- Manage HearingLikeMe Facebook group
- Ensure high-quality and strategic community management on various social platforms
- Must be currently attending university or recently graduated with a degree in Communications, Creative Writing, English, Journalism, or Public Relations
- Experience using social media for a brand (specifically Facebook, Instagram)
- Experience with social media monitoring and scheduling tools
- Maintains strong knowledge of relevant and current social media trends
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Basic graphic design skills
- Photography, video skills are a strong plus
- Flexibility to work with colleagues in different time zones
- Strong organizational skills, work ethic, positive attitude, attention to detail
- Familiar with Canva, Adobe Spark, Hootsuite
- Passion for advocating for people, or experience with hearing loss
- Native English speaker, (oral or written communication OK)
We offer a creative, international working environment with a passionate team.
Sonova Holding AG is an internationally active Swiss company headquartered in Stäfa that specializes in hearing care solutions. It is one of the largest providers in the sector worldwide.
HearingLikeMe.com is an online community for people whose lives are affected by hearing loss. We bring together people from all around the world to share stories that inspire hope in almost any hearing loss situation.
We created this site with a simple idea: Sharing our stories with each other is a powerful thing. Together, we can learn to live with hearing loss more successfully and advocate in a more meaningful way.
To apply, please tell us why you'd be a great fit for this role!
Send résumé, social media links and work samples to: STORIES@HEARINGLIKEME.COM