March 4, 2020

Anne becomes advocate after hearing loss from brain tumor

Anne knew something was going on inside her body. She had frequent fevers, chills, and nausea. Her ears were making a strange chirping noise, then all of the sudden she […]
February 27, 2020
female deaf rugby player

England Deaf Rugby player says sport connected her with deaf community

Meet Beth Weller, a female deaf rugby player. Before she discovered the sport, she hadn't interacted with other people who had hearing loss.
February 25, 2020

Competing in DECA with hearing loss

As a high school student, I'm involved in many activities. One of them is DECA. It hasn't always been easy competing in DECA with hearing loss.
February 19, 2020
What is Deaf Gain?

What is ‘Deaf Gain’ and ‘Deaf Identity’?

What is Deaf Gain? Then again, what is hearing loss? These terms help shape our identity and how others view us.
February 6, 2020
Phonak Teen Advisor fundraiser

Phonak Teen Advisors fundraise to help those in need of hearing aids

Access to technology and support can be life-changing for people living with hearing loss. However, not everyone has the same access to technology and support. That is why this year’s […]
February 3, 2020
college student with hearing loss

Tips for going to parties as a college student with hearing loss

Although parties are part of the college experience, they can be loud and busy. Here are 4 tips for going to parties as a college student with hearing loss.
January 31, 2020
Phonak Marvel hearing aid review

Ask Anna: What should I do if my hearing aids aren’t working?

My hearing aids aren't working and I am not sure what to do. Is there anything I can try before I go to see my audiologist?
January 27, 2020

This deaf performer loves showing off hearing aids on stage

Karla Marie Brown is a deaf performer. She models, acts, and sings. She's proof that people with hearing loss can achieve their dreams.
January 14, 2020
hearing loss vlog

Watch: Deaf, out and proud with hearing loss

In his hearing loss vlog, Luke discusses topics about working, dating, making friends and growing up with hearing loss. Watch on YouTube.
December 23, 2019
colorful hearing aids

It’s all about ‘ear swag’ for Mikey’s colorful hearing aids

It’s all about ‘ear swag’ for Mikey’s colorful hearing aids for this 11-year-old and he's not shy about expressing his opinion.
December 18, 2019
Sam Edwards, U.S. Air Force Veteran

Rediscovering sound as a veteran with hearing loss

Sam Edwards is a veteran with hearing loss. He had trouble hearing for a long time, but now lives a better life with his hearing aids.
December 10, 2019
apologize for my hearing loss

Why you don’t need to apologize for my hearing loss

Growing up with a severe hearing loss and wearing hearing aids my entire life, I have always heard people say “I’m sorry” in response to me telling them I had […]
December 4, 2019
Deaf Republic deaf book club

December Book Club: “Deaf Republic” by Ilya Kaminsky

"Deaf Republic" is a parable of poems, written by hard-of-hearing author Ilya Kaminsky.  Join the HLM Book Club and read books by deaf authors.
November 21, 2019
Creating an argument for Deaf advocacy 

How to Create a Strong Argument for Deaf Causes

Isaac Doty is experienced in speech and debate. He shares with us how to create a stronger argument for Deaf advocacy issues.
November 18, 2019
deaf director

How Harri Marshall went from being a performer to a deaf director

Harri Marshall started out as a performer and is now a successful deaf director. Here is how she worked her way up to where she is now.
November 7, 2019
deaf triathlete

Swim, bike, run! The life of a deaf triathlete

Meet Julia Grunloh, deaf triathlete and Phonak HEARo! Competing in triathlons takes up most of her free time, on top of her day job and hearing loss.
November 4, 2019
deaf midwife

Call ‘this’ deaf midwife

Lucy Findlay has a job to be proud of: She's a deaf midwife. Her journey hasn't been easy; it took a family crisis for her to accept her hearing loss.
October 14, 2019

How Tina Lannin Became a Lip-Reading Expert

Tina Lannin has encountered many obstacles due to her deafness. But they led her to create her own company and become the UK’s foremost lip-reading expert.
October 9, 2019
deaf antiques dealer

The Dealer’s Touch: Meet a Deaf Antiques Dealer

Deaf antique dealer Lesley Kiddell-Spencer lost her hearing to meningitis when she was just seven years of age. As a positive person, she says she chose to focus on the […]
October 7, 2019
deaf book club my hard of hearing life

Book Review: ‘My Hard of Hearing Life’ by Cynthia Dixon

Recently, Hearing Like Me started a book club to bring together the hearing loss community, promote deaf authors and discuss common themes around living with hearing loss. September’s book club pick was: […]