October 15, 2021
Phonak employee with hearing loss

Meet Whitney Spagnola, a Phonak employee with hearing loss

Whitney Spagnola works for Phonak, the hearing aid brand that sponsors HearingLikeMe.com. The Phonak employee also wears hearing aids and is a mother of two children with hearing loss.
October 13, 2021
disability champion

After losing hearing from Covid-19, man becomes disability champion

Stephen Bignell became a disability champion after he lost his hearing. He works for the UK Civil Service, where he's well positioned to increase awareness.
October 4, 2021
#HearingLossHour

What is HearingLossHour?

Phonak hEARo Angie Aspinall founded the monthly Twitter chat HearingLossHour in 2015 to try and help combat the social isolation often felt by people with hearing loss. It has since […]
September 21, 2021
sustainability in deaf leadership

Demonstrating sustainability in deaf leadership

This month we’re celebrating Deaf Awareness Month, an initiative of the World Federation of the Deaf (WFD), which corresponds with International Week of the Deaf People 2021. Today, Sept. 21, […]
September 17, 2021
deaf stand-up comedy

A list of deaf stand-up comedy

There are many deaf stand-up comedies who have made a name for themselves. May this list bring more laughter to your days!
September 13, 2021
Phonak hearing aids

How my Phonak hearing aids helped me reunite with my long-lost brother

Recently I was able to experience something I thought only ever happened to other people or on TV. I was reunited with my older brother. For the first time since […]
August 6, 2021
India deaf community

Understanding India’s deaf community

An overview of India’s deaf community; a story of a long-standing struggle for recognition, dignity, and a sign language.
July 30, 2021
deaf entrepreneurs

Deaf entrepreneurs around the world

Many deaf individuals are following their passions and becoming their own boss. This is especially notable because it’s hard enough for anyone in this day and age, let alone being […]
July 16, 2021
hard of hearing mama

Interview with hard of hearing mama Janna Cowper

Janna Cowper is a Phonak hEARo and mother with hearing loss to two hard of hearing children. She has been making waves by sharing her stories and experiences on Instagram […]
June 18, 2021
deaf archaeologist

Meet deaf archaeologist Amelia Dall

Amelia Dall is a 29-year-old deaf archaeologist who is changing the profession by making it more accessible to ASL-users.
June 14, 2021
deaf dog trainer

With dogs and Phonak hearing technology, Marianne can conquer the world!

With help from her Phonak hearing technology, Marianne dances with dogs to music and competes around the world.
June 9, 2021
deaf skiier

How a little black hearing aid has changed skier Robin Gillon’s life

Professional skier Robin Gillon has been climbing the ranks as a professional athlete, despite living with severe hearing loss his entire life.
May 27, 2021
deaf people in politics

9 influential deaf people in politics around the world

Deaf people around the world are making their mark in the political arena. Hearing Like Me takes a look at some deaf people in politics.
May 26, 2021
deaf powerlifter

Community Spotlight: Meet deaf powerlifter Katie Norton

Katie Norton is a 21-year-old deaf powerlifter and college student from Massachusetts who will be graduating in May 2022 with a Bachelors in Business Administration. HearingLikeMe recently connected with the […]
May 19, 2021
Phonak audiologist

Interview with Phonak Audiologist Michael Preuss

Before being able to help others with their hearing needs, audiologist Michael Preuss had to come a long way in his own hearing loss journey.  At three years old, Michael […]
May 7, 2021
Phonak hEARo Elspeth Bowes

Meet Phonak “hEARo” Elspeth Bowes

HearingLikeMe interviews Eslpeth Bowes, a Phonak hEARo from the UK. Her hearing loss was diagnosed at age 12. She recently got a degree in psychology.
April 30, 2021
deaf black people to know about

Famous deaf black individuals you should know about

There are so many talented Black Deaf people to know. From directors and actors, to baseball players to bloggers, each has made an impact on the world.
April 23, 2021
aspiring deaf psychologist

Interview with aspiring deaf psychologist Danielle Guth

We love it when people share their hearing loss stories with us. Our community often provides comfort, encouragement, inspiration and support for others in similar situations. Recently we connected with […]
March 17, 2021
deaf culture

Why lower case “d” deaf culture matters

The truth is, being “deaf” is complicated. And really, it’s individual as much as cultural. We take a look at deaf culture and how it can be more inclusive.
February 26, 2021
deaf TikTokers

These deaf TikTokers are worth following

TikTok is now an active platform for d/Deaf and hard of hearing creators to share their content. Here are some deaf TikTokers worth following.